Monday, September 21, 2009

Just when I was beginning to think that we could not become more of a "me" dominated society, and I don't mean the me that is writing. If it was not bad enough to outfit ourselves with televisions that had so many channels that when surfed them all, it was time to do it all over again because the hour changed along with the programming. Well after reading about the future of radio, which seems to morphed into the notion of sound altogether, I realized that "I-world" is here with all of it's I-pods and I-phones and I-TV etc. Well the trends that are coming with radio seem to be more of what you want when you want it. It seems to be becoming The Burger King of Sound I guess.

While the strength of the sector still remains AM/FM stations their hold seems to be loosening grip upon the market with new technologies each taking a nipple from the proverbial pie. HD-Radio, Satellite Radio and Internet Radio like Pandora are up and stealing some of the public response the heavy handed use of regular radio. However Pandora, a favorite of mine, is said will face problems that are set to come down the pike with copyright issues that will dwindle the number of participants putting out the music.

Along with copyright issues, financial issues plague this me, me, me-verse with the price of special receivers for satellite and HD radio. Radio has moved from the primary source of news in many homes and has become a source of etertainment only. When you want to beebop around the office or sache across the room with the broom there is noting to fear because radio will not be going anywhere, except to episitomology old folks home. Goodbye Radio. Hello Audio!

No comments:

Post a Comment