Sunday, November 22, 2009

I love this!!!

I know that when it comes to many of these "new", well new to me, technological break throughs in the way information is spread I have been a little, okay a lot, skeptical. However, being a movie lover, I love the idea of Flixup. It seems to do the exact thing that I do myself by surfing the net, on websites that I frequently find my way to when looking for an opinion that seems similar to mine. I know this continues the patttern of the Silo Effect, but why not surround yourself with like minded people as you hunt and pillage to find treasure in the vast and undulating sea of information.

What does Flixup do that rotten tomatoes or flixster does not? There answer is a complex one:

...the key is the filtration. Plenty of people say things about movies on Twitter that are worthless, but FlixUp has what it believes to be the perfect algorithm to sort out the useful movie tweets from the not useful ones. They call it the "Twitter Noise Assassin." And the results seem solid for how the collective views the film.

When the need to know is all you need to know this is a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment